Friday, August 17, 2012

Philly Geek Awards ... Preview

Getting Ready for the Philly Geek Awards - TONIGHT at The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University

Despite being a Drexel University grad student -- getting numerous emails to preview he event with links to grab tickets, favoriting/liking posts, following @Geekadelphia on Twitter announcing SRO tix, them emailing me to remind me... I missed all deadlines to grab a ticket...

But, guess who is going to the SOLD-OUT awards ceremony tonight!  ME!!!


Coincidentally, "ME!!!" was the response to a re-tweet I saw the other day announcing an extra available ticket... And, I scored the ticket! Whoot! Who says time spent on Twitter is not constructive?!?!  


So, the scramble went on to figure out what to wear to this Red-Carpet event this evening...  What to wear?  Will I be able to move around in heels? My flip flops and sneakers looked at the heels and I think they actually shrieked in horror as I pulled them from the closet.  I decided to put on the Betsey Johnsons after I went downstairs in respect to my daily tootsie buddies (and to prevent the likely tumble down the steps). The dresses are still battling it out up in the bedroom. 


Even though I do not know many that will be in the room personally, I feel a kinship via the internet and have a personal reason to be rooting for the nominee for "Feature Length Indie Film of the Year." I will not disclose the exact reason here, but will mention it in a future post.  I will be in the seats cheering for Alpha Girls by Tony Trov and Johnny Zito.


Here's the trailer, if you have not seen it:






So, more coming to you tonight/tomorrow (depend on how the after-party goes...)


In the mean time, like the rest of the room, follow me while I tweet live from the event... @GeekChic314


Red Carpet starts at 6:30PM Philly Time!




No comments:

Post a Comment